Because sarcoidosis normally involves the lungs, you may be referred to a lung specialist (pulmonologist) to manage your care.
What you can do
Here's some information to help you get ready for your appointment and know what to expect from your doctor:
- Write down your symptoms, including when they started and how they may have changed or worsened over time.
- Take a list of all your medications, vitamins or supplements.
- Write down your key medical information, including other diagnosed conditions.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
What to expect from your doctor
Be ready to answer questions your doctor may ask:
- What types of symptoms are you experiencing? When did they start?
- Have you ever been exposed to environmental toxins, perhaps in a manufacturing or farming job?
- Do you know if anyone in your family has ever had sarcoidosis?
- What types of medical conditions have you had in the past?
- What types of medications or supplements do you take?