Mayo Clinic researchers are working to improve diagnosis and treatment for people with rumination syndrome. Specific efforts involve learning more about the cause of rumination syndrome, and educating other physicians about this little-known condition.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on rumination syndrome on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Oct. 15, 2015
- Kessing BF, et al. Current diagnosis and management of the rumination syndrome. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 2014;48:478.
- Feeding and eating disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 27, 2015.
- O'Brien MD, et al. Rumination syndrome: Clinical features rather than manometric diagnosis. Gastroenterology. 1995;108:1024.
- Mousa HM, et al. Adolescent rumination syndrome. Current Gastroenterology Report. 2014;16:398.
- Talley NJ. Rumination syndrome. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2011;7:117.
- Vijayvargiya P, et al. Novel association of rectal evacuation disorder and rumination syndrome: Diagnosis, co‑morbidities and treatment. United European Gastroenterology Journal. 2014;2:38.
- Camilleri M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 3, 2015.
- Chial HJ, et al. Rumination syndrome in children and adolescents: Diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Pediatrics 2003;111:158.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 30, 2015.
- Hejazi RA, et al. Rumination syndrome: A review of current concepts and treatments. American Journal of Medical Science. 2014;348:324.
- Ebert MH, et al., eds. Developmental disorders of attachment, feeding, elimination, & sleeping. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine. com. Accessed July 27, 2015.