You'll likely start by seeing your family doctor or a pediatrician. Depending on the cause of your child's symptoms, you might be referred to a specialist.
Here's information to help you get ready for your appointment.
What you can do
Before your appointment, make a list of:
- Your child's symptoms, including any that might not seem related to the reason you made the appointment, and note when they started
- Key personal information, including medications and supplements your child takes and whether anyone in your immediate family has had similar symptoms
- Information about your child's diet, including food and drink he or she usually consumes
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor might ask some of the following questions:
- How often does your child play outdoors?
- Does your child always wear sunscreen?
- At what age did your child start walking?
- Has your child had much tooth decay?