Below are current clinical trials.6 studies in Rheumatoid arthritis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is the continuation of the CARRA Registry to support data collection on patients with pediatric-onset rheumatic diseases. The CARRA Registry will form the basis for future CARRA studies. In particular, this observational registry will be used to answer pressing questions about therapeutics used to treat pediatric rheumatic diseases, including safety questions.
Objective: Identify a microbial biomarker signature that is predictive of treatment response in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The purpose of this study is to determine if hydroxychloroquine is safe and effective for the prevention of a future onset of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in individuals who have elevations of an autoantibody, anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP).
The purpose of this study is to establish a comparator cohort of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and other spondyloarthropathies. We will collect demographic information, historical information about diagnosis and past treatment, and clinical, radiographic, and laboratory data on each patient using standardized data collection forms. We will also collect blood and synovial tissue samples from each patient. This will provide data and material for clinical and translational research to address questions related to the fundamental differences between the spondyloarthropathies and inflammatory arthritis relating to the response of bone to chronic inflammation. We intend to enroll sequential patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and other spondyloarthropathies who present to the Rheumatology Division at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
The purpose of this study is to get synovial tissue from patients with rheumatoid arthritis by minimally invasive ultrasound guided biopsy, for the purpose of identifying the processes that are responsible for the cause of the disease.
The purpose of this study is to understand how bacteria in the intestines interact with the inflammation process in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Aug. 09, 2017
- Rheumatoid arthritis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/rheumatoid_arthritis. Accessed Feb. 16, 2016.
- Handout on health: Rheumatoid arthritis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rheumatic_Disease/default.asp. Accessed Feb. 16, 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Rheumatoid arthritis. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Rheumatoid arthritis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Foundation. http://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/rheumatoid-arthritis. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Living with arthritis. American Occupational Therapy Association. http://www.aota.org/About-Occupational-Therapy/Patients-Clients/Adults/Arthritis.aspx. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: In depth. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/RA/getthefacts.htm. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Matteson EL, et al. Overview of the systemic and nonarticular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 16, 2016.
- Gabriel SE, et al. Epidemiology of, risk factors for, and possible causes of rheumatoid arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 16, 2016.
- Schur PH, et al. General principles of management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2016.
- Weisman MH, et al. Total joint replacement for severe rheumatoid arthritis. http://wwwuptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 29, 2016.
- Matteson EL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 23, 2016.