Mayo Clinic has a long history of research on retinal diseases and cancers of the eye. The large number of people who seek care at Mayo Clinic aids in performing research that evaluates new treatments. Mayo Clinic eye experts combine patient care with research to expand the understanding of retinal conditions.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on retinal diseases on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 22, 2015
- Epiretinal membrane. Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. 32nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: W.B. Saunders; 2011. http://dorlands.com/index.jsp. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Yanoff M, ed., et al. Ophthalmology. 4th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Facts about age-related macular degeneration. National Eye Institute. http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts.asp. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Age-related macular degeneration. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Diabetic retinopathy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Posterior vitreous detachment. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Gilca M, et al. Factors associated with outcomes of pneumatic retinopexy for rhegmatogenous retinal detachments: A retrospective review of 422 cases. Retina. 2014;34:693.
- Al Shamsi HN, et al. Diabetic macular edema: New promising therapies. World Journal of Diabetes. 2013;4:324.
- Facts about diabetic retinopathy. National Eye Institute. http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/diabetic/retinopathy.asp. Accessed Oct. 31, 2014.
- Preferred practice pattern: Diabetic retinopathy summary benchmarks. American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://one.aao.org/guidelines-browse?filter=preferredpracticepatterns. Accessed Oct. 31, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2015.
- Patel SV (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 23, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.