- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system disorders (neurologists), sleep disorders and movement disorders treat more than 3,500 people with restless legs syndrome a year.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise treating sleep disorders and movement disorders. Your doctor will tailor your care to your specific symptoms. Treatment for restless legs syndrome may help improve your symptoms, your sleep and your quality of life.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors collaborate to provide your care.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research to identify the causes and develop new treatments for restless legs syndrome.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Dec. 10, 2014
- Restless legs syndrome. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Tarsy D. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of restless leg syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Tarsy D. Treatment of restless leg syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Garcia-Borreguero D, et al. The long-term treatment of restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease: Evidence-based guidelines and clinical consensus best practice guidance: A report from the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group. Sleep Medicine. 2013;14:675.
- Silber, MH, et al. Willis-Ekbom Foundation revised consensus statement on the management of restless legs syndrome. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2013;88:977.