ResearchBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists) and others study genetic and environmental factors that can lead to restless legs syndrome and seek new treatments for the disorder. Learn more on the neurology and Center for Sleep Medicine research websites.
See a list of publications about restless legs syndrome by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Dec. 10, 2014
- Charles H. Adler, M.D., Ph.D.
- J. Eric Ahlskog, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bradley F. Boeve, M.D.
- John N. Caviness, M.D.
- Dennis W. Dickson, M.D.
- Erika D. Driver-Dunckley, M.D.
- Paul A. Fredrickson, M.D.
- Suresh Kotagal, M.D.
- Lois E. Krahn, M.D.
- Joseph E. Parisi, M.D.
- Jarrett W. Richardson, M.D.
- Michael H. Silber, M.B., Ch.B.
- Erik K. St Louis, M.D.
- Maja Tippman-Peikert, M.D.
- Ryan J. Uitti, M.D.
- Zbigniew K. Wszolek, M.D.
- Restless legs syndrome. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Tarsy D. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of restless leg syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Tarsy D. Treatment of restless leg syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2014.
- Garcia-Borreguero D, et al. The long-term treatment of restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease: Evidence-based guidelines and clinical consensus best practice guidance: A report from the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group. Sleep Medicine. 2013;14:675.
- Silber, MH, et al. Willis-Ekbom Foundation revised consensus statement on the management of restless legs syndrome. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2013;88:977.