Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Renal artery stenosis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Current treatments for ARAS based on restoring blood flow alone have been unsuccessful at recovering kidney function. For this reason we are studying a stem cell product called "mesenchymal stem cells" or MSC. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are grown from a person's own fat tissue (obtained as a fat biopsy) and infused back into the patient's own kidney. This study is also being done to determine if the MSC infusion prior to percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty with stenting (PTRA) further enhances changes in single kidney blood flow and restoration of kidney function, as well as to assess the relationship between MSC dose and measures of kidney function.
May 31, 2017
- Renal artery stenosis. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease/renal-artery-stenosis. Accessed March 1, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Renal artery stenosis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2017.
- Chiang CE, et al. 2015 Guidelines of the Taiwan Society of Cardiology and the Taiwan Hypertension Society for the management of hypertension. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association. 2015;78:1.
- Skorecki K, et al., eds. Renovascular hypertension and ischemic nephropathy. In: Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2017.
- Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD). American Heart Association. http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/StrokeConnectionMagazine/ReadSCNow/Fibromuscular-Dysplasia-FMD_UCM_461419_Article.jsp#.WLg4M1Xyt0w. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Herrmann SM, et al. Management of atherosclerotic renovascular disease after Cardiovascular Outcomes in Renal Atherosclerotic Lesions (CORAL). Nephrology Dialysis Transplant. 2015;30:375.
- Managing weight to control high blood pressure. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/PreventionTreatmentofHighBloodPressure/Weight-Management-and-Blood-Pressure_UCM_301884_Article.jsp#.WLhNUVXyt0w. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Stress and heart health. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/StressManagement/HowDoesStressAffectYou/Stress-and-Heart-Health_UCM_437370_Article.jsp#.WLhOvFXyt0w. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 17, 2017.
- Textor SC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 8, 2017.