Tests and diagnosis
Has your doctor recommended a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam? Here's what you need to know about preparation and the exam itself.
Aug. 18, 2015
- Zhu QZ, et al. Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome: Clinical features, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment strategies. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014;20:738.
- Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal-disorders/anorectal-disorders/solitary-rectal-ulcer-syndrome. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Kim DJ, et al. Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Bope ET, et al. The management of solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. In: Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Constipation. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/constipation/Pages/overview.aspx. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- Phillips RK, et al. Anorectal investigation. In: Colorectal Surgery: A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2015.