Biofeedback is a technique in which you use your mind to control your body, possibly helping with relaxation and a variety of health conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Has your doctor recommended a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam? Here's what you need to know about preparation and the exam itself.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Aug. 18, 2015
- Zhu QZ, et al. Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome: Clinical features, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment strategies. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014;20:738.
- Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal-disorders/anorectal-disorders/solitary-rectal-ulcer-syndrome. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Kim DJ, et al. Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Bope ET, et al. The management of solitary rectal ulcer syndrome. In: Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2015.
- Constipation. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/constipation/Pages/overview.aspx. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- Phillips RK, et al. Anorectal investigation. In: Colorectal Surgery: A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2015.