- Extensive experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors and surgeons diagnose and treat more than 400 people with rectal prolapse.
- Advanced techniques. State-of-the-art technology helps your doctor see moving images of the entire pelvis and determine the most appropriate treatment for you.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
July 08, 2017
- Ferri FF. Rectal prolapse. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 11, 2017.
- Varma MG, et al. Overview of rectal procidentia (rectal prolapse). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Cannon JA. Evaluation, diagnosis, and medical management of rectal prolapse. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2017;30:16.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 25, 2017.
- Varma MG, et al. Surgical approach to rectal procidentia (rectal prolapse). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Joubert K, et al. Abdominal approaches to rectal prolapse. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2017;30:16.
- Kronfol R. Overview of rectal prolapse in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 18, 2017.