Find out how acupuncture works, who should avoid it and what conditions it can treat.
Biofeedback is a technique in which you use your mind to control your body, possibly helping with relaxation and a variety of health conditions.
Chiropractic adjustment — Overview covers definition, what to expect from spinal manipulation treatment for back pain.
Hypnosis is used for a wide range of medical concerns, including pain, weight control, smoking and stress. See if it's right for you.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Treatments and drugs
Botox is used not only for wrinkles but for other conditions, as well. Here are the pros and cons of this popular treatment.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Dec. 09, 2011
- Headache: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/headache/detail_headache.htm. Accessed Aug. 21, 2011.
- Evers S, et al. Clinical features, pathophysiology and treatment of medication overuse headaches. The Lancet Neurology. 2010;9:391.
- Cupini LM, et al. Medication overuse headache: Neurobiological, behavioural and therapeutic aspects. Pain. 2010;150:222.
- Bigal ME, et al. Overuse of acute migraine medications and migraine chronification. Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2009;13:301.
- Felice MD, et al. Update on medication-overuse headache. Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2011;15:79.
- Tepper SJ, et al. Breaking the cycle of medication overuse headache. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2010;77:236.
- Rapoport AM. Medication overuse headache: Awareness, detection and treatment. CNS Drugs. 2008;22:995.
- Sun-Edelstein C, et al. Alternative headache treatments: Nutraceuticals, behavioral and physical treatments. Headache Currents. 2011:469.
- Loder E, et al. Evaluation for secondary causes of headache: The role of blood and urine testing. Headache Currents. 2011:338.