Persistent nervousness, worry and other anxiety symptoms can put you at risk of serious health problems. Take steps to ease your mind sooner rather than later.
Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Ferri FF. Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=40. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Hemachudha T, et al. Human rabies: Neuropathogenesis, diagnosis, and management. The Lancet Neurology. 2013;12:498.
- Rabies. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Use of a reduced (4-dose) vaccine schedule for postexposure prophylaxis to prevent human rabies — Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. MMWR. 2010;59:1. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5902a1.htm. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.