Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Ferri FF. Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=40. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Hemachudha T, et al. Human rabies: Neuropathogenesis, diagnosis, and management. The Lancet Neurology. 2013;12:498.
- Rabies. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Use of a reduced (4-dose) vaccine schedule for postexposure prophylaxis to prevent human rabies — Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. MMWR. 2010;59:1. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5902a1.htm. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.