An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Jul. 24, 2014
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Raoult D. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Q fever. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Raoult D. Treatment and prevention of Q fever. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Q fever: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/qfever/symptoms/index.html. Accessed May 15, 2014.
- Georgiev M, et al. Q fever in humans and farm animals in four European countries, 1982 to 2010. European Surveillance. 2013;8:1.
- Q fever: Statistics and epidemiology. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/qfever/stats/index.html. Accessed May 15, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, ed., et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed May 12, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.