Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Jul. 24, 2014
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Raoult D. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Q fever. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Raoult D. Treatment and prevention of Q fever. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- Q fever: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/qfever/symptoms/index.html. Accessed May 15, 2014.
- Georgiev M, et al. Q fever in humans and farm animals in four European countries, 1982 to 2010. European Surveillance. 2013;8:1.
- Q fever: Statistics and epidemiology. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/qfever/stats/index.html. Accessed May 15, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, ed., et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed May 12, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.