You may start by seeing your primary care physician. Or you may be referred immediately to a doctor who specializes in skin conditions (dermatologist).
What you can do
Before your appointment, you may want to write down answers to questions your doctor is likely to ask, such as:
- When did your symptoms begin?
- Have you had similar symptoms in the past? If so, what treatment worked then?
- Have you tried any treatments on your wound? Have they helped?
- What medications and supplements do you take regularly?
- Did you have any damage to your skin, such as a puncture or cut, in the area where the sore developed?
- What other medical conditions do you have?