Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Dec. 04, 2014
- Stout KA. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of pulmonic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Stout KA. Natural history and treatment of pulmonic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Pulmonary valve stenosis and regurgitation. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/Pulmonary-Valve-Stenosis_UCM_307034_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Pulmonary stenosis. Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. http://www.scai.org/SecondsCount/Disease/detail.aspx?cid=de7f6f7d-0cbe-4447-bb25-43d8d625e614. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Getting healthy. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/GettingHealthy_UCM_001078_SubHomePage.jsp. Accessed Oct. 14, 2014.
- Peng LF, et al. Pulmonic stenosis (PS) in neonates, infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2014.