Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
This whooshing sound in your heart is usually harmless, but in some cases heart murmurs can alert your doctor to specific heart conditions.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Noonan syndrome is caused by a mutation in one of the genes responsible for normal development in many parts of the body, including the heart.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Dec. 04, 2014
- Stout KA. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of pulmonic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Stout KA. Natural history and treatment of pulmonic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Pulmonary valve stenosis and regurgitation. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/Pulmonary-Valve-Stenosis_UCM_307034_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Pulmonary stenosis. Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. http://www.scai.org/SecondsCount/Disease/detail.aspx?cid=de7f6f7d-0cbe-4447-bb25-43d8d625e614. Accessed Oct. 11, 2014.
- Getting healthy. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/GettingHealthy_UCM_001078_SubHomePage.jsp. Accessed Oct. 14, 2014.
- Peng LF, et al. Pulmonic stenosis (PS) in neonates, infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.