An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
A stress test is used to diagnose coronary artery disease and heart arrhythmias, as well as guide treatment of heart disorders.
Mar. 18, 2014
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/ipf/ipf_all.html. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-4/0/1481/0.html#. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- King TE. Approach to the adult with interstitial lung disease: Clinical evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- King TE. Approach to the adult with interstitial lung disease: Diagnostic testing. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- Rosenow EC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 24, 2013.
- King TE. Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/pulreh/pulreh_all.html. Accessed Oct. 24, 2013.
- Wells AU. The revised ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT diagnostic criteria for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF): Practical implications. Respiratory Research. 2013;14(Suppl 1):S2.
- Kenn K, et al. Pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: A review. Respiration. 2013;86:89.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.