Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Pulmonary fibrosis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Patient Registry is to collect data on well-characterized patients with interstitial lung disease, especially idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, for participation in retrospective and prospective research.
The purpose of this research study is to establish a pool of healthy donors who will regularly participate in our research studies of human immunity. The studies in our laboratory investigate the role of human blood cells in immunity to fungal disease and lung fibrosis. Most of our studies require blood that is freshly drawn. Thus, we propose to draw blood on an as needed, ongoing basis.
The purpose of this study is to measurement of skin tissue elasticity at different sites (fore arm, calf, thigh, back, abdomen, palm, face, fingers, diseased sites) for normal subjects and patients. Analyzing the elasticity of skin at different sites for different ages of normal subjects. Measurement of skin tissue elasticity for patients with different skin diseases. Analyzing the relation between skin disease, age and skin elasticity. This noninvasive technique is also used to study other tissue diseases including lung fibrosis.
The purpose of this study is to investigate the possibility that B lymphocytes (a kind of white blood cell ) may be contributing to the development of fibrosis in the lungs. This study will examine if B lymphocytes, isolated from blood, can induce the stimulation of fibroblasts. Fibroblasts are cells that are responsible for the formation of scarring in the lungs. Specific markers found in the surface of B lymphocytes will also be investigated to see if it can be identified why these cells may induce the development of fibrosis.
The purpose of this study is to determine the effectiveness of a new computer-aided analysis tool in identifying treatment response in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Computer-Aided Lung Informatics for Pathology Evaluation and Ratings (CALIPER) is an image analysis tool for characterizing and measuring mixed parenchymal diseases such as emphysema and interstitial lung diseases and has been shown to correlate with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis mortality.
Sept. 23, 2016
- What is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pulmonary-disorders/interstitial-lung-diseases/idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- King TE. Approach to the adult with interstitial lung disease: Clinical evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- King TE. Approach to the adult with interstitial lung disease: Diagnostic testing. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- What is pulmonary hypertension? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pah. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- Klings ES. Cor pulmonale. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- King TE. Role of lung biopsy in the diagnosis of interstitial lung disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- Islam S. Flexible bronchoscopy in adults: Preparation, procedural technique, and complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- King TE. Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Raghu G, et al. An Official ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT clinical practice guideline: Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. An Update of the 2011 clinical practice guideline. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2015;192:e3.
- Ryu JH, et al. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: Evolving concepts. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1130.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2005.
- Puglisi S, et al. New perspectives on management of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Therapeutic Advances in Chronic Disease. 2016;7:108.
- Lake FR. Interstitial lung disease in rheumatoid arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 15, 2016.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 11, 2016.
- Meining A. Confocal laser endomicroscopy and endocytoscopy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Wellikoff A, et al. Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy imaging of interstitial lung disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2013;187:A5796.
- Yserbyt J, et al. Perspectives using probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy of the respiratory tract. Swiss Medical Weekly. 2013;143:w13764.
- Scott JP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 21, 2016.
- Walsh SL, et al. Interobserver agreement for the ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT criteria for a UIP pattern on CT. Thorax. 2016;71:45.
- Sista RR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona. July 22, 2016.
News, connections and conversations for your health