If you can't get rid of pubic lice on your own, you may need to talk to your family doctor.
What you can do
Before the appointment, you may want to write a list that answers the following questions:
- How long have you had pubic lice?
- What symptoms are you experiencing?
- How did you become infested?
- Have you spread the infestation to others?
- What treatments have you tried?
- Do you have any chronic health problems?
- What types of medications or supplements do you take?
What to expect from your doctor
During the physical exam, your doctor will check your genital area for signs of live lice or viable lice eggs (nits).