Coping and support
Lifestyle and home remedies
Arthritis shouldn't keep you from exercising. Regular exercise increases your strength and flexibility, reduces pain and fights fatigue.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what the results of a rheumatoid factor test may mean.
Treatments and drugs
Corticosteroids, such as prednisone and cortisone, are used to successfully treat a variety of conditions. But these medications can also cause unwanted side effects. Get the facts here.
Jan. 29, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1807/0.html. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Gladman DD. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Psoriatic arthritis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/psoriaticarthritis.asp. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Gladman DD. Treatment of psoriatic arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed July 2, 2013.