Arthritis — Comprehensive overview covers arthritis symptoms, arthritis treatment and types of arthritis.
Do you tend to put yourself down — or think you're better than others? Consider the benefits of striking a healthy balance between the two extremes.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Relaxation techniques can help reduce stress symptoms and improve your quality of life. Learn simple relaxation techniques you can practice almost anywhere.
Want to pamper your skin? It might be simpler — and less expensive — than you think. Start by getting back to the basics.
When you identify unhealthy ways of reacting to stress, you can begin to control the stress, rather than letting it control you.
Extreme temperatures — hot or cold — can take a toll on your skin. Here's how to pamper and protect it.
Tests and diagnosis
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Corticosteroids, such as prednisone and cortisone, are used to successfully treat a variety of conditions. But these medications can also cause unwanted side effects. Get the facts here.
Feb. 25, 2011
- Feldman SR, et al. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of psoriasis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Questions and answers about psoriasis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/psoriasis/psoriasis.htm. Accessed Nov. 26, 2010.
- Burden AD, et al. Diagnosis and management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in adults: Summary of SIGN guidance. BMJ. 2010;341:987.
- Feldman SR, et al. Treatment of psoriasis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 30, 2010.
- Light therapy. National Psoriasis Foundation. http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=430. Accessed Nov. 30, 2010.
- Living well: Healthy eating. National Psoriasis Foundation. www.psoriasis.org/netcommunity/learn_eating. Accessed Nov. 30, 2010.
- Aloe. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2010.
- Fish oil. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2010.