Mayo conducts long-term research on the effectiveness of psoriasis treatments and the systemic effects of psoriasis with regard to cardiovascular disease.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on psoriasis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 11, 2014
- Bolognia JL, et al. Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Penn.: Saunders Elsevier: 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
- Psoriasis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Psoriasis/.Accessed Dec. 8, 2013.
- Weigle N, et al. Psoriasis. American Family Physician. 2013;87:626.
- Feldman SR, et al. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of psoriasis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
- Armstrong AW, et al. The association between psoriasis and obesity: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Nutrition and Diabetes. 2012;2:1.
- Korman N. Comorbid disease in psoriasis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 16, 2013.
- Azfar RS, et al. Increased risk of diabetes mellitus and likelihood of receiving diabetes mellitus treatment in patients with psoriasis. Archives of Dermatology. 2012;148:995.
- Armstrong AW, et al. Coronary artery disease in patients with psoriasis referred for coronary angiography. American Journal of Cardiology. 2012;109:976.
- Ahlehoff, et al. Psoriasis and risk of atrial fibrillation and ischaemic stroke: a Danish nationwide cohort study. European Heart Journal. 2012;33:2054.
- Yeung H, et al. Psoriasis severity and the prevalence of major medical comorbidity: A population-based study. JAMA Dermatology. 2013;149:1173.
- Wan J, et al. Risk of moderate to advanced kidney disease in patients with psoriasis: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2013;347:1.
- Papoutsaki M, et al. Treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Biodrugs. 2013;27:3.
- Feldman SR, et al. Treatment of psoriasis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
- Almutawa F, et al. Systematic review of UV-based therapy for psoriasis. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. 2013;14:87.
- De Migeul R, et al. Efficacy, safety, and cost of Goeckerman therapy compared with biologics in the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis. International Journal of Dermatology. 2009;48:653.
- Garcia-Perez ME, et al. New therapies under development for psoriasis treatment. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2013;25:480.
- Korteum KR, et al. Results of Goeckerman treatment for psoriasis in children: A 21-year retrospective review. Pediatric Dermatology. 2010;27:518.
- Aloe. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Fish oil. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Oregon grape. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.