Biofeedback is a technique in which you use your mind to control your body, possibly helping with relaxation and a variety of health conditions.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
During cystoscopy, your doctor uses a special tool to look inside your bladder for abnormalities.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
March 04, 2014
- Meyrier A. Acute bacterial prostatitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Meyrier A, et al. Chronic bacterial prostatitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Murphy AB, et al. Pharmacotherapy strategies in chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome management. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy. 2010;11:1255.
- Ramakrishnan K, et al. Prostatitis: Acute and chronic. Primary Care. 2010;37:547.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Castle EC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Oct. 12, 2013.
- Pontari M. Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Sharp VJ, et al. Prostatitis: Diagnosis and treatment. American Family Physician. 2010;82:397.
- Anothaisintawee T, et al. Management of Chronic Prostatitis/ Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis. JAMA. 2011;305:78.
- Duclos AJ, et al. Current treatment options in the management of chronic prostatitis. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management. 2007;3:507.