Erectile dysfunction (ED) can be the result of physical or psychological causes or both. Discover what causes ED and what treatments are available.
Gynecomastia, enlarged breasts in males, is a common problem. Find out about treatments and how to cope.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Hirsutism refers to excessive hair growth in women. Possibly a result of elevated male hormones, hirsutism is often caused by an underlying condition.
In hypopituitarism, your pituitary gland produces too little — or none — of one or more hormones. Disruption of any number of routine body functions can result.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
At some point, many women experience painful intercourse — for many different reasons. Here's how to discuss the problem and get treatment.
Nov. 30, 2012
- Prolactinoma. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/prolact/prolact.htm. Accessed Jan. 17, 2011.
- Melmed S, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia: An Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;96:273.
- Colao A, et al. Therapy of aggressive pituitary tumors. Expert Opinion Pharmacotherapy. 2011;12:1561.
- Mann WA. Treatment for prolactinomas and hyperprolactinaemia: A lifetime approach. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2011;41:334.
- Klibanski A. Prolactinomas. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2010;352:121.
- Colao A, et al. Medical treatment of prolactinomas. Nature Reviews Endocrinology. 2011;7:267.
- Parlodel (prescribing information). East Hanover, NJ: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; 2012. http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/parlodel.pdf. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Cycloset (prescribing information). San Diego, Calif.: VeroScience, LLC; 2010. http://www.veroscience.com/CyclosetFDAapprovedPackageInsert.htm. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Cabergoline (prescribing information). Sellersville, Pa.: Teva Pharmaceuticals; 2012. http://www.tevagenerics.com/default.aspx?pageid=3364&sortby=ProductName&ProductName=Cabergoline+Tablets&BrandName=Dostinex%C2%AE+Tablets. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Martinkova J, et al. Impulse control disorders associated with dopaminergic medication in patients with pituitary adenomas. Clinical Neuropharmacology. 2011;34:179.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.