Erectile dysfunction (ED) can be the result of physical or psychological causes or both. Discover what causes ED and what treatments are available.
If you've tried to conceive for more than a year, you or your partner may be experiencing infertility.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
At some point, many women experience painful intercourse — for many different reasons. Here's how to discuss the problem and get treatment.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Radiation therapy is a common means of treating many types of cancer. Find out what to expect during your radiation therapy treatment.
Nov. 30, 2012
- Prolactinoma. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/prolact/prolact.htm. Accessed Jan. 17, 2011.
- Melmed S, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia: An Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;96:273.
- Colao A, et al. Therapy of aggressive pituitary tumors. Expert Opinion Pharmacotherapy. 2011;12:1561.
- Mann WA. Treatment for prolactinomas and hyperprolactinaemia: A lifetime approach. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2011;41:334.
- Klibanski A. Prolactinomas. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2010;352:121.
- Colao A, et al. Medical treatment of prolactinomas. Nature Reviews Endocrinology. 2011;7:267.
- Parlodel (prescribing information). East Hanover, NJ: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; 2012. http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/parlodel.pdf. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Cycloset (prescribing information). San Diego, Calif.: VeroScience, LLC; 2010. http://www.veroscience.com/CyclosetFDAapprovedPackageInsert.htm. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Cabergoline (prescribing information). Sellersville, Pa.: Teva Pharmaceuticals; 2012. http://www.tevagenerics.com/default.aspx?pageid=3364&sortby=ProductName&ProductName=Cabergoline+Tablets&BrandName=Dostinex%C2%AE+Tablets. Accessed Nov. 13, 2012.
- Martinkova J, et al. Impulse control disorders associated with dopaminergic medication in patients with pituitary adenomas. Clinical Neuropharmacology. 2011;34:179.