Lifestyle and home remedies
If you've been diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis, take steps to care for your liver, such as:
- Don't drink alcohol.
- Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B.
- Use care with chemicals at home and at work.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Follow directions on all medications, both prescription and over-the-counter. Make sure your pharmacist and any doctor prescribing for you know that you have a liver disease.
- Talk to your doctor about any herbs or supplements you're taking since some can be harmful to your liver.