MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Jul. 12, 2013
- NINDS primary lateral sclerosis information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/primary_lateral_sclerosis/primary_lateral_sclerosis.htm. Accessed April 23, 2013.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0434-1..C2009-0-40427-6--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-0434-1&uniqId=364938937-2. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Singer MA, et al. Primary lateral sclerosis. Muscle and Nerve. 2007;35:291.
- Juvenile primary lateral sclerosis. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/juvenile-primary-lateral-sclerosis/show/. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Brugman F, et al. Adult-onset primary lateral sclerosis is not associated with mutations in the ALS2 gene. Neurology. 2007;69:702.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Motor neuron diseases fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/motor_neuron_diseases/motor_neuron_diseases.htm. Accessed April 23, 2013.
- Almeida V, et al. Primary lateral sclerosis: Predicting functional outcome. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Degeneration. 2013;14:141.
- Iwata NK, et al. White matter alterations differ in primary lateral sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Brain. 2011;134:2642.
- Treatments and therapies. Spastic Paraplegia Foundation Inc. http://sp-foundation.org/understanding-hsp-pls/treatments-and-therapies/. Accessed May 1, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.