Chronic constipation can cause bloating and abdominal discomfort.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
A tension headache is the most common form of headache. A number of treatments are available to help you deal with the pain.
Dec. 16, 2014
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ057. Premenstrual syndrome. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Premenstrual-Syndrome-PMS. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Yonkers KA, et al. Epidemiology and pathogenesis of premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Marjoribanks J, et al. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for premenstrual syndrome (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001396.pub3/abstract. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Natural medicines in the clinical management of premenstrual syndrome. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Khayat S. Effect of treatment with ginger on the severity of premenstrual syndrome symptoms. ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014;792708:1.
- Jang SH, et al. Effects and treatment methods of acupuncture and herbal medicine for premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder: Systematic review. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014;14:1.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.