Tests and diagnosis

By Mayo Clinic Staff

In addition to asking about your sex life, your doctor will ask about your health history and may perform a general physical exam. Your doctor may order a urine test to rule out possible infection. If you have both premature ejaculation and trouble getting or maintaining an erection, your doctor may order blood tests to check your male hormone (testosterone) levels or other tests.

In some cases, your doctor may suggest that you go to a urologist or a mental health professional who specializes in sexual dysfunction.

Nov. 12, 2015