How often do you need to replace your toothbrush? Is mouth rinse necessary? Get the facts on how to keep your smile healthy.
Eating a healthy diet during pregnancy might be easier than you think. Find out what foods are best for you and your baby.
How close is too close when it comes to timing pregnancies? Consider the impact pregnancy spacing can have on your health and your baby's health.
When it comes to gaining weight during pregnancy, there's no one-size-fits-all approach. Here's help gaining the right amount of weight.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Nov. 27, 2014
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 24th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed Oct. 3, 2014.
- Creasy RK, et al., eds. Creasy and Resnik's Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; Saunders Elsevier: 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Cook WJ, et al. Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby's First Year. Intercourse, Penn.: Good Books; 2012:503.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 13, 2014.
- Hay WW, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 21st ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=497. Accessed Oct. 17, 2014.
- Fenton TR, et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis to revise the Fenton growth chart for preterm infants. BMC Pediatrics. 2013;13:59.
- Norwitz ER. Prevention of spontaneous preterm birth. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Robinson JN, et al. Risk factors for preterm labor and delivery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Mandy GT. Short-term complications of the premature infant. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014.
- Cerebral palsy. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/cerebral-palsy.aspx. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014
- Stewart J. Care of the neonatal intensive care unit graduate. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014.
- Common NICU tests. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/common-nicu-tests.aspx. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014.
- Mandy GT. Long-term complications of the premature infant. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014.
- Harris MN, et al. ADHD and learning disabilities in former late preterm infants: A population-based birth cohort. Pediatrics. 2013;132:e630.
- Pertussis: Summary of vaccine recommendations. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/recs-summary.htm. Accessed Oct. 18, 2014.
- Grieger JA, et al. Preconception dietary patterns in human pregnancies are associated with preterm delivery. Journal of Nutrition. 2014;144:1075.
- Hypertension in pregnancy. Washington, D.C.: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org. Accessed Oct. 10, 2014.
- Hofmeyr GJ, et al. Calcium supplementation during pregnancy for preventing hypertensive disorders and related problems (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001059.pub4/abstract. Accessed Oct. 10, 2014.
- Stampalija AZ, et al. Cervical stitch (cerclage) for preventing preterm birth in singleton pregnancy (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008991.pub2/abstract. Accessed Oct. 10, 2014.
- Goya M, et al. Cervical pessary in pregnant women with a short cervix (PECEP): An open-label randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2012;379:1800.
- Abdel-Aleem H, el al. Cervical pessary for preventing preterm birth (Review) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007873.pub3/abstract. Accessed Oct. 10, 2014.
- Ferguson KK, at al. Environmental phthalate exposure and preterm birth. JAMA Pediatrics. http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1769137. Accessed Oct. 10, 2014.
- Harms RW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 23, 2014.