Molar pregnancy — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this tumor in the uterus.
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you might have questions. Will you need special prenatal care? Will your baby be OK? Get the facts about high-risk pregnancies.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various life-threatening conditions. But it's easily detected — and you can work with your doctor to control it.
Wonder how to safely treat asthma during pregnancy? Here's what you need to know to promote a healthy pregnancy.
Being obese during pregnancy can pose health risks for you and your baby. Get the facts about obesity and pregnancy.
How close is too close when it comes to timing pregnancies? Consider the impact pregnancy spacing can have on your health and your baby's health.
When it comes to gaining weight during pregnancy, there's no one-size-fits-all approach. Here's help gaining the right amount of weight.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Edema — swelling caused by excess fluid in tissues — can affect any part of your body. Treating the underlying cause is key to resolving edema.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Biophysical profile — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this prenatal test.
During pregnancy, fetal ultrasound allows your health care provider to check on your baby's growth and development. Find out more about the exam.
Find out how noninvasive prenatal testing might benefit you and your baby.
Nonstress test — Overview covers definition and results of this prenatal test.
Treatments and drugs
C-section — Overview covers why it's done, risks, what you can expect and tips for recovery.
Jul. 03, 2014
- Hypertension in pregnancy. Washington, D.C.: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 2013. http://www.acog.org/Resources_And_Publications/Task_Force_and_Work_Group_Reports/Hypertension_in_Pregnancy. Accessed Dec. 12, 2013.
- August P, et al. Preeclampsia: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 16, 2013.
- Vest AR, et al. Hypertension in pregnancy. Cardiology Clinics. 2012;30:407.
- Karumanchi SA, et al. Pathogenesis of preeclampsia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 17, 2013.
- Kim YJ. Pathogenesis and promising non-invasive markers for preeclampsia. Obstetrics and Gynecology Science. 2013;56:2.
- Deak TM, et al. Hypertension and pregnancy. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. 2012;30:903.
- Norwitz ER, et al. Preeclampsia: Management and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 16, 2013.
- Bushnell C, et al. Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in women: A statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. In press. Accessed Feb. 10, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.