Acne can affect people of all ages. Find out what causes acne and ways to keep breakouts under control.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Saenger P. Definition, etiology and evaluation of precocious puberty. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 26, 2013.
- Precocious puberty. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec19/ch282/ch282h.html. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Saenger P. Treatment of precocious puberty. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 26, 2013.
- Melmed S, et al. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 26, 2013.
- Burt Solarzano CM, et al. Obesity and pubertal transition in girls and boys. Reproduction. 2010;140:399.
- Tolson KP, et al. The changes they are a-timed: Metabolism, endogenous clocks and the timing of puberty. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 2012;3:1.
- Fuqua JS. Treatment and outcomes of precocious puberty: An update. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2013;98:2198.