Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) have expertise and experience diagnosing and treating posterior cortical atrophy and other neurological conditions.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic neurologists work with doctors trained in eye conditions (ophthalmologists), mental health conditions (psychiatrists), imaging (radiologists), sleep medicine and physical medicine to treat your condition.
- Individualized treatment. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to develop the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study potential diagnostic tests and treatments for posterior cortical atrophy and other neurological conditions, and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Dec. 13, 2014
- Posterior cortical atrophy. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/posterior-cortical-atrophy.asp. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Crutch SJ, et al. Posterior cortical atrophy. The Lancet Neurology. 2012;11:128.