- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) have expertise and experience diagnosing and treating posterior cortical atrophy and other neurological conditions.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic neurologists work with doctors trained in eye conditions (ophthalmologists), mental health conditions (psychiatrists), imaging (radiologists), sleep medicine and physical medicine to treat your condition.
- Individualized treatment. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to develop the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study potential diagnostic tests and treatments for posterior cortical atrophy and other neurological conditions, and conduct clinical trials.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Dec. 13, 2014
- Posterior cortical atrophy. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/posterior-cortical-atrophy.asp. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Crutch SJ, et al. Posterior cortical atrophy. The Lancet Neurology. 2012;11:128.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.