A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Sleep apnea causes people to repeatedly stop breathing during their sleep. Common signs of this sleep disorder include loud snores punctuated by periods of silence.
Jun. 11, 2014
- Skinner HB. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=20. Accessed Dec. 7, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 7, 2013.
- Post-polio syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/post_polio/detail_post_polio.htm. Accessed Dec. 7, 2013.
- Simionescu L, et al. Post-polio syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2013.
- Sorenson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 31, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.