Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Aug. 19, 2014
- Eisenberg MA, et al. Duration and course of post-concussive symptoms. Pediatrics. 2014;133:999.
- Guinto G, et al. Postconcussion syndrome: A complex and underdiagnosed clinical entity. World Neurosurgery. In press. June 5, 2014.
- Cancelliere C, et al. Systematic review of prognosis and return to play after sport concussion: Results of the International Collaboration on Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Prognosis. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2014;95:S210.
- Evans RW. Postconcussion syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 5, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 5, 2014.
- Traumatic brain injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/detail_tbi.htm. Accessed June 5, 2014.
- Swanson JW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 11, 2014.
- Lucas S. Headache management in concussion and mild brain injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2011;3:S406.