Back pain can come on gradually or suddenly. Most back pain responds to home treatment within a few weeks.
C-reactive protein is a controversial risk factor for coronary artery disease. Find out more about C-reactive protein before deciding to have this blood test.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Find out what diseases and conditions can cause hip pain.
Find out what could cause knee pain.
Neck pain can result from a wide variety of causes including injury, poor posture, and wear and tear on joints.
Sed rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a simple blood test that can help detect or monitor certain inflammatory diseases.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Sometimes it really is all in the wrist. Learn more about what causes wrist pain and how it's treated.
Jul. 20, 2012
- Hunder GG. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Salvarani C, et al. Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant-cell arteritis. The Lancet. 2008;372:234.
- Gonzalez-Gay MA, et al. Medical management of polymyalgia rheumatica. Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy. 2010;11:1077.
- Hunder GG. Treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Hernandez-Rodriguez J, et al. Treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2009;169:1839.
- Unwin B, et al. Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis. American Family Physician. 2006;74:1547.
- Glucocorticosteroid-induced osteoporosis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/gi-osteoporosis.asp. Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Aikawa NE, et al. Anti-TNF therapy for polymyalgia rheumatica: Report of 99 cases and review of the literature. Clinical Rheumatology. 2012;31:575.
- Chang-Miller A (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 15, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.