Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Amniocentesis — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this prenatal test.
During pregnancy, fetal ultrasound allows your health care provider to check on your baby's growth and development. Find out more about the exam.
Glucose challenge test — Overview covers definition, preparation, results of this gestational diabetes screening test.
Nonstress test — Overview covers definition and results of this prenatal test.
Oct. 25, 2014
- Beloosesky R, et al. Polyhydramnios. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2014.
- Goh AY, et al. Review of maternal and perinatal outcomes for women with polyhydramnios. Archives of Diseases in Childhood Fetal and Neonatal Edition. 2014;99(suppl):A1.
- Polyhydramnios. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/polyhydramnios.aspx. Accessed July 31, 2014.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed July 31, 2014.
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Obstetrics & Gynecology. 11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=498. Accessed July 31, 2014.