Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Amniocentesis — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this prenatal test.
Glucose challenge test — Overview covers definition, preparation, results of this gestational diabetes screening test.
Nonstress test — Overview covers definition and results of this prenatal test.
Oct. 25, 2014
- Beloosesky R, et al. Polyhydramnios. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2014.
- Goh AY, et al. Review of maternal and perinatal outcomes for women with polyhydramnios. Archives of Diseases in Childhood Fetal and Neonatal Edition. 2014;99(suppl):A1.
- Polyhydramnios. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/polyhydramnios.aspx. Accessed July 31, 2014.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed July 31, 2014.
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Obstetrics & Gynecology. 11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=498. Accessed July 31, 2014.