Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Feb. 08, 2017
- Tefferi A. Diagnostic approach to the patient with polycythemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.
- Polycythemia vera. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/poly/. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.
- Tefferi A. Prognosis and treatment of polycythemia vera. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.
- Polycythemia vera facts. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/llssearch?search-terms=polycythemia+vera&search_language=en. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.
- Mesa RA, et al. Effect of ruxolitinib therapy on myelofibrosis-related symptoms and other patient-reported outcomes in COMFORT-I: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2013;31:1285.
- Brian JC, et al. Overcoming treatment challenges in myelofibrosis and polycythemia vera: The role of ruxolitinib. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 2016;77:1125.
- Geyer H, et al. Symptomatic profiles of patients with polycythemia vera: Implications of inadequately controlled disease. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2016;34:151.
- Polycythemia vera. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hematology-and-oncology/myeloproliferative-disorders/polycythemia-vera. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.