Daily fevers, achy joints and an intermittent, salmon-pink rash may be an indication that you have a rare inflammatory disorder called adult Still's disease.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
There are at least 50 kinds of pneumonia — a serious lung infection that takes the lives of more than 60,000 Americans every year.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Whipple's disease is a rare bacterial infection that affects primarily the gastrointestinal system, and can be treated successfully with antibiotics.
Jan. 02, 2014
- What are pleurisy and other pleural disorders? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/pleurisy/pleurisy_whatare.html. Accessed Oct. 2, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 2, 2013.
- Mason RJ, et al. Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 2, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 2, 2013.
- Patient information: Pleuritic chest pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Lee YCG. Diagnostic evaluation of pleural effusion in adults: Additional tests for undetermined etiology. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Rosenow EC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.