If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you might have questions. Will you need special prenatal care? Will your baby be OK? Get the facts about high-risk pregnancies.
Considering a planned home birth? Get answers to common questions about home birth, from who's eligible to what happens when complications arise.
Curious about what role the placenta plays in pregnancy? Find out how the placenta helps your baby grow.
During pregnancy, healthy lifestyle choices are more important than ever — especially if you have diabetes. Consider this action plan for a healthy pregnancy.
When you're trying to quit smoking, cravings can be powerful. Use these 10 strategies to help resist tobacco cravings.
How close is too close when it comes to timing pregnancies? Consider the impact pregnancy spacing can have on your health and your baby's health.
Smoking during pregnancy is a no-win situation. Get the facts about tobacco use during pregnancy, and know where to turn for quit-smoking support.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Treatments and drugs
C-section — Overview covers why it's done, risks, what you can expect and tips for recovery.
On pregnancy bed rest? Understand the restrictions and side effects — plus how to deal with this often challenging prescription.
Jan. 10, 2012
- Ananth CV, et al. Clinical features and diagnosis of placental abruption. http://www.uptodate.com/index.html. Accessed Oct. 13, 2011.
- Oyelese Y, et al. Management and outcome of pregnancies complicated by placental abruption. http://www.uptodate.com/index.html. Accessed Oct. 13, 2011.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Your Pregnancy and Childbirth Month to Month. 5th ed. Washington, D.C.: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; 2010:373.
- Obstetrical hemorrhage. In: Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.; The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed Oct. 14, 2011.
- Harms RW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 22, 2011.