Blood transfusions boost blood levels that are low due to surgery, injury or disease. Learn about the benefits, risks and what to expect.
C-section — Overview covers why it's done, risks, what you can expect and tips for recovery.
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you might have questions. Will you need special prenatal care? Will your baby be OK? Get the facts about high-risk pregnancies.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Curious about what role the placenta plays in pregnancy? Find out how the placenta helps your baby grow.
How close is too close when it comes to timing pregnancies? Consider the impact pregnancy spacing can have on your health and your baby's health.
Smoking during pregnancy is a no-win situation. Get the facts about tobacco use during pregnancy, and know where to turn for quit-smoking support.
If you're carrying twins, you're in good company. Here's what you need to know to promote a healthy pregnancy.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
May. 09, 2014
- Lockwood CJ, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of placenta previa. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 27, 2014.
- Bleeding during pregnancy. American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq038.ashx. Accessed Jan. 27, 2014.
- Lockwood CJ, et al. Management of placenta previa. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 27, 2014.
- Placenta previa. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/placenta-previa.aspx. Accessed Jan. 27, 2014.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed Jan. 27, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.