Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Feb. 08, 2014
- Anxiety disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association, 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed July 25, 2013.
- Phobias. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.psychiatry.org/phobias. Accessed July 22, 2013.
- Phobic disorders. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/anxiety_disorders/phobic_disorders.html?qt=phobic%20disorders&alt=sh. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Anxiety disorders. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Augustyn M. Overview of fears and specific phobias in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Whiteside SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 27, 2013.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 29, 2013.