Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Treatments and drugs
April 21, 2017
- Pheochromocytoma. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/endocrine-and-metabolic-disorders/adrenal-disorders/pheochromocytoma. Accessed Dec. 7, 2016.
- Young WF. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of pheochromocytoma. http://www.uptodate.come/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2016.
- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma treatment (PDQ®) — Patient version. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/types/pheochromocytoma/patient/pheochromocytoma-treatment-pdq. Accessed Dec. 7, 2016.
- Young WF. Treatment of pheochromocytoma in adults. http://www.uptodate.come/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2016.
- 5 common food-drug interactions. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/wellness/preventing-illness/common-food-drug-interactions. Accessed Dec. 9, 2016.
- Health threats from high blood pressure. American Heart Association. https://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/WhyBloodPressureMatters/Health-Threats-From-High-Blood-Pressure_UCM_002051_Article.jsp. Accessed Dec. 9, 2016.