Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Looking for a mental health provider but not sure where to start? Here are tips, questions to ask and issues to consider.
Sept. 23, 2016
- Personality disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Overview of personality disorders. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric-disorders/personality-disorders/overview-of-personality-disorders. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Get help with personality disorders. American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/personality-disorders/what-are-personality-disorders. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Skodol A. Personality disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Tyrer P, et al. Personality disorder 1: Classification, assessment, prevalence, and effect of personality disorder. The Lancet. 2015;385:717.
- Newton-Howes G, et al. Personality disorder 2: Personality disorder across the life course. The Lancet. 2015;385:727.
- Bateman AW, et al. Personality disorder 3: Treatment of personality disorder. The Lancet. 2015;385:735.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 17, 2016.