Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
March 31, 2015
- Long SS, et al. Peritonitis. In: Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Peritonitis, secondary. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Treatment methods for kidney failure: Peritoneal dialysis. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC). http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/peritoneal/index.aspx. Accessed March 13, 2015.
- Runyon BA. Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in adults: Treatment and prophylaxis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Acute abdominal pain. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal_disorders/acute_abdomen_and_surgical_gastroenterology/acute_abdominal_pain.html?qt=&sc=&alt=. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 24, 2015.
- Doherty GM, ed. Peritoneal Cavity. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 13, 2015.
- Goel GA, et al. Increased rate of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis among cirrhotic patients receiving pharmacologic acid suppression. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2012;10:422.
- Burkart JM, et al. Tunnel and peritoneal catheter exit site infections in continuous peritoneal dialysis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 13, 2015.