Doctors at Mayo Clinic are experts at diagnosing and treating peripheral neuropathy. They will work with your primary doctor to help coordinate your treatment.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) treat nearly 10,000 people with peripheral neuropathy each year.
Coordinated care. Your care is discussed among the team, appointments are scheduled in coordination, and highly specialized peripheral neuropathy experts are all working together to determine what's best for you.
What might take months to accomplish elsewhere can typically be done in only a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
- Advanced treatment and research. Mayo Clinic patients have access to the latest imaging and diagnostic tools available, and there's a long history of Mayo Clinic scientists developing cutting-edge technologies for patient care. You may also have access to research studies or clinical trials as part of your treatment.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's neurosurgery and neurology departments' expertise and rankings.
July 07, 2016
- Peripheral neuropathy fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- What is peripheral neuropathy. The Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy. https://www.foundationforpn.org/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- Rutkove SB. Overview of polyneuropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- Feldman EL, et al. Treatment of diabetic neuropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 3, 2016.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 2, 2016.