- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in blood vessel conditions (vascular specialists), blood vessel surgery (vascular and endovascular surgeons), heart conditions (cardiologists) and others have experience treating people who have peripheral artery disease. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a vascular center, staffed by doctors and other specialists trained in vascular diseases.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors work together to evaluate and treat your condition.
- Efficient system. Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose your condition and develop a treatment plan, often within a few days.
- Latest diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic doctors use advanced imaging tests, including ultrasound, angiogram, computerized tomography angiogram, magnetic resonance angiogram, to accurately diagnose peripheral artery disease.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise treating people who have peripheral artery disease using medications, angioplasty, stenting, endarterectomy and bypass grafting. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to determine the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
- Research leader. Mayo Clinic doctors study new and potential diagnosis and treatment options for peripheral artery disease and conduct clinical trials.
Related book: Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life! book provides an easy-to-follow plan to prevent and conquer heart disease.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jun. 22, 2012
- Peripheral artery disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec07/ch080/ch080f.html. Accessed May 8, 2012.
- Peripheral artery disease. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pad/. Accessed May 8, 2012.
- Mohler III ER. Clinical features, diagnosis, and natural history of lower extremity peripheral arterial disease. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 8, 2012.
- Prevention and treatment of PAD. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/PeripheralArteryDisease/Prevention-and-Treatment-of-PAD_UCM_301308_Article.jsp. Accessed May 8, 2012.
- Hirsch AT, et al. ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2006;47:e1.
- Rooke TW, et al. 2011 ACCF/AHA focused update of the guideline for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease. Circulation. 2011;124:2020.
- Kuller LH. Does ginkgo biloba reduce the risk of cardiovascular events? Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2010;3:41.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.